In this fourth and last episode of our choral music history series, Shannon McCracken gives an overview of the key musical elements, styles and genres of the Classical era.
Genres and musical works covered in this video include:
- Oratorio: The Creation (Composer: Joseph Haydn)
- No. 12, “And God said: Let there be light” (Recitative)
- No. 13, “In splendor bright” (Recitative)
- No. 14, “The Heavens Are Telling the Glory of God” (Chorus and Trio)
- Opera: The Marriage of Figaro (Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
- “Cosa sento!” (Trio)